If you're planning a visit to Beccles, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Walk Along the River Waveney – Take a stroll along the River Waveney and admire the beautiful scenery. Visit the historic ruins of St. Benet's Abbey, which was once the most important monastery in East Anglia.
- Visit Beccles Lido – Enjoy a day at the Beccles Lido, a heated outdoor swimming pool that’s open all year round.
- Explore Beccles Museum – Beccles Museum is home to a wide range of artifacts, including an original Broom Boat.
- Cycle Along the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads – Take an idyllic cycle ride along the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads and enjoy the area’s majestic sites, including the lush wetlands and varied wildlife.
- See The Bigod's Castle – Visit the ruins of The Bigod's Castle, a medieval fortification built by Roger Bigod in the 12th century.
- Visit St. Mary's Church – Marvel at the impressive architecture of St. Mary's Church, an Anglican church that dates back to the 15th century.
- Visit the Beccles Wildlife Park – Explore the Beccles Wildlife Park and its diverse animal collection, which includes meerkats, wallabies, emus, and more.
- Enjoy a Meal at the Pump House Pub – Stop by the Pump House Pub for a traditional pub meal and some local ales.
- Take a Boat Trip on the River Waveney – Cruise along the River Waveney on a boat tour and admire the stunning views of Suffolk.
- Visit Beccles Common – Spend some time in Beccles Common and explore its vast grassland and picturesque woodland.
- Visit the Beccles and Bungay Library – Enjoy a tour of the Beccles and Bungay Library and its large collection of books.
- Take a Trip to the Outney Common Nature Reserve – Enjoy a day at the Outney Common Nature Reserve and explore its diverse wildlife, including owls, foxes, badgers, and more.
There are many things to see and do near Beccles. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!