If you're planning a visit to Southwold, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Explore the Town – Southwold offers a variety of places to explore, from its beach to its lighthouses, shops and cafés.
- Take a Nature Walk – There are several nature walks around Southwold, from the coastal path to walking through the woods and marshes.
- Visit the Beach – Southwold is home to a stunning beach, with golden sand and plenty of places to relax.
- Visit Adnams Brewery – Adnams is Southwold's oldest brewery. Take a tour and learn about the brewing process.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip around the harbour and explore Southwold's wildlife and coastal views.
- Visit the Southwold Pier – The pier is a great place to spot wildlife, take photos, and visit the amusements.
- Enjoy a Spot of Shopping – Explore Southwold's independent shops and pick up a souvenir or two.
- See the Lighthouse – Southwold's lighthouse is the oldest in Suffolk. Climb the steps and check out the views.
- Relax at the Pub – Southwold has some of the best pubs in England. Enjoy a pint of local ale.
- Visit Southwold Harbour – Take a stroll along Southwold Harbour, and enjoy the stunning views.
- Explore the Gardens – Southwold is home to some beautiful gardens, including the Victorian Southwold Garden.
- Visit Southwold Town Hall – The Town Hall has been a focal point of Southwold since the 16th century.
- Visit the Mere – The Mere is a lovely lake located in the centre of Southwold.
- Visit the Windmill – Southwold has a beautiful windmill, which is open to the public.
- Visit the Church – The Church of St. Edmund is the oldest building in Southwold. Check out the stained glass windows.
- See the Martello Tower – The Martello Tower is a fascinating piece of history. Climb the steps and see the views.
There are many things to see and do near Southwold. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!