If you're planning a visit to Southwold Pier, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Walberswick – Take a leisurely stroll along the beach from Southwold Pier to nearby Walberswick, a small village located on the Suffolk Coast. Enjoy the fresh sea air and explore the quaint shops, pubs and cafes.
- Enjoy a Pint at the Bell Inn – Visit the iconic Bell Inn nearby and sample a selection of local ales, wines and spirits. Enjoy a delicious meal while admiring the stunning views of the North sea.
- Go Seawatching – The Southwold Pier area is a great spot for birdwatching, with a variety of species that are attracted to the area. Be sure to bring your binoculars and keep your eyes open for seals and dolphins.
- Take a Cruise – Take a leisurely cruise along the River Blyth and enjoy the stunning scenery. This is a great way to relax and take in the local wildlife.
- Explore Southwold Harbour – Take a stroll around Southwold Harbour and explore the local shops, restaurants and cafes. There are also plenty of opportunities to get out on the water with boat trips, kayaking and sailing.
- Visit the RNLI Museum – The RNLI Museum is located in Southwold and is the official museum of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. Learn about the fascinating history of lifeboat rescues and the bravery of the crew.
- Have Fun on the Beach – Southwold Pier is surrounded by a beautiful sandy beach. Enjoy the sun, sea and sand and take part in a variety of fun beach activities.
- Play on the Pier – Take a trip down memory lane and play the traditional pier games. Enjoy the fun of a classic game of pinball or test your skill with a game of hook-a-duck.
- Admire the Lighthouse – Take a walk to the nearby Southwold Lighthouse and marvel at the stunning views of the North Sea. This Grade II listed building is a great place to take photos.
- Visit the Adnams Brewery – Learn about the brewing process and sample some of Adnams' award-winning ales, lagers and ciders. Enjoy a tour of the brewery and get a behind-the-scenes look at how the beer is made.
- Attend a Performance at the Southwold Arts Centre – Enjoy a variety of live music, theatre, comedy and events at the Southwold Arts Centre. This venue is a great place to catch some of the best local and international performers.
- Take a Walk on the Pier – Take a leisurely stroll along Southwold Pier and admire the beautiful views of the North Sea. Enjoy the fresh sea air and take in the sights and sounds of the local wildlife.
- Visit the Southwold Museum – Learn about the history of Southwold and the surrounding area at the Southwold Museum. This museum is home to a variety of interesting artefacts, photographs and documents.
- Enjoy a Meal at the Royal Norfolk Hotel – Take a break from exploring and enjoy a delicious meal at the Royal Norfolk Hotel. This hotel offers a variety of traditional English dishes and local specialities.
- Take a Trip to Southwold Pier Beach – Take a trip to Southwold Pier Beach and enjoy a day of swimming, sunbathing and beach fun. Explore the rock pools and have some fun in the sand.
There are many things to see and do near Southwold Pier. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!