If you're planning a visit to Martlesham, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Hiking at Foxhall Nature Reserve – A local nature reserve with a variety of trails, perfect for walking or running. The area is home to a variety of wildlife and is a great spot for bird watching.
- Shopping at Martlesham Heath Retail Park – With an array of shops, restaurants and a cinema, the retail park is a great place to spend an afternoon.
- Visit the Martlesham Heath Aviation Society – An aviation museum located in the old control tower of the former airfield. The museum displays a variety of aircrafts, memorabilia and photographs.
- Enjoy the beach at Felixstowe – Just a short drive away, Felixstowe offers miles of sandy beaches and stunning views of the surrounding coastline.
- Take a boat trip along the River Deben – Explore the beautiful Suffolk countryside by boat, with views of the area’s wildlife and historical sites.
- Explore Framlingham Castle – A historic castle set in a beautiful park, with views of the surrounding countryside. The castle includes a museum, a garden and a cafe.
- Go horse riding at Ickworth Park – A country house and park, perfect for a leisurely horse riding trip.
- Visit the East Anglian Railway Museum – Home to a variety of vintage locomotives, carriages and artifacts, the museum provides a fascinating look at the history of railways.
- Check out the Oakes Marshes Nature Reserve – A stunning wildlife haven with a variety of wildlife, from waterfowl to mammals.
- Have fun at the Pleasurewood Hills theme park – A family-friendly theme park with a variety of exciting rides and attractions.
- Take a stroll in Rendlesham Forest – A large forest with a variety of trails, perfect for a leisurely walk.
- See the local wildlife at Minsmere Nature Reserve – A RSPB nature reserve with a variety of habitats, perfect for bird watching.
- Visit the Woodbridge Museum – A local museum with a variety of exhibits, from local history to art and culture.
- Enjoy the Suffolk Coast Path – A stunning coastal path, with views of the surrounding countryside and coastline.
- Go cycling at the Suffolk Coast Cycle Route – A cycle trail that passes through a variety of villages, towns and countryside.
There are many things to see and do near Martlesham. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!